The DC Center for the LGBTQ Community is proud to partner with Community Marketing Inc for the 11th annual LGBTQ Community Survey. When you complete the survey using our unique link (tinyurl.com/lgbtqsurvey17) your survey data is shared with the DC Center.
In 2016 we had 299 individuals complete the survey. Download this PDF File and see the complete results of the 2016 survey.
Here are a few of the things we learned from the 2016 Survey.
Top 3 LGBTQ Priorities
The top three priorities identified in 2016 were:
- 63.5% LGBT youth/anti-bullying/teen suicide prevention (connect with thedccenter.org/youth to learn more about our work in this area).
- 58.9% Stopping anti-LGBT “religious freedom” legislation (connect with thedccenter.org/faith for faith community resources).
- 50.5% Workplace Equality (connect with thedccenter.org/careers to learn about our work around employment)
Top 3 General Priorities
The top three general priorities (aside from LGBT Equality were) in 2016 were:
- 79.3% Affordable healthcare (visit thedccenter.org/health to learn about our LGBT health related work).
- 76.8% Racial Discrimination (visit thedccenter.org/poc to see information and resources for LGBTQ People of Color)
- 75.8% Homelessness/Poverty
Our oldest respondent was 75 years old and our youngest was 19%. While over 60 percent of our respondents came from folks who identify as gay men, many diverse identities were reported including same gender loving, non-binary, genderqueer, pansexual, asexual, genderfluid and genderqueer.
In terms of race/ethnicity 68% identified as White, 17% identified as Black or of African descent, 4.7% identified as mixed ethnicity, 4% identified as Latin(o/a) of of Hispanic descent, and 2.3% identified as Asian or of Asian descent.
We’re counting on you to make your voice heard in the 2017 survey. Take a few minutes now and visit tinyurl.com/lgbtqsurvey2017. We look forward to the results and better understanding our local LGBTQ community.