Dignity for All: LGBTI Assistance Program is seeking qualified applicants for a program officer position based in Washington, D.C. The job description is below.
Program Officer — Dignity For All: LGBTI Assistance Program
Location: Washington, DC
The Program Officer will support ongoing activities and projects of the Dignity for All: LGBTI Assistance Program which provides emergency financial assistance to human rights defenders (HRDs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) under threat around the world, with a focus on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) human rights. The Program Officer reports to the Program Manager for Dignity for All.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, human rights, law, or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in program management, including reporting ability and knowledge of funder account requirements
- Must have experience working on human rights and LGBTI rights globally
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively in a second language preferred
- Demonstrated experience in creating, managing and effectively reporting on budgets and program activities
- Demonstrated ability to accurately track expenditures and maintain up-to-date financial tracking systems and all supporting documentation
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, foster, interact, and maintain positive relationships with partners and stakeholders in diverse and cross-cultural environments, with sensitivity and a high degree of courtesy, discretion, tact, and professionalism
- Proven knowledge of USG funding regulations is desirable
- Proven ability to write effective proposals, reports, and procedures and maintain complete and accurate documentation
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent judgment in problem-solving and decision-making on a consistent basis
- Ability to work with a small team in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the design and implementation of all program aspects including work plan development, identifying consultants and sub-grantees, implementation of program activities, organizing trainings , international meetings and other activities, and monitoring and evaluation of program activities
- Primarily responsible for reviewing budget proposals and reports by partners and communicating and ensuring financial compliance with partners
- Develop effective professional relationships with partner organizations and assist them in increasing their capacity to meet objectives and more effectively implement their own programs
- Substantially contribute to program reporting, including monthly and quarterly program reporting
- As needed, manage own Dignity casework ensuring complete, accurate, and timely processing of cases; assist with overseeing cases for Dignity program being processed by other team members
- Develop and maintain relationships with civil society, regional organizations, donor and diplomatic community, partners and grantees, policy community, other NGOs and think tanks as directed by supervisor
- Conduct outreach to LGBTI human rights defenders and CSOs, locally, regionally, and globally
- Cover Washington DC-based events pertaining to LGBTI human rights
- Support and contribute to proposal writing activities, as needed, help identify new donors and partners, and draft narrative reports to funders
- Negotiate and write contracts, grants, MOUs, LOAs, and other contractual documents, and ensure that the objectives and terms of agreements are met
- As needed, contribute to FH publications and write web site content, press releases, briefings, policy papers, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
Interested candidates can apply by using the link below: