Do you LOVE to dance? Then come party with us at the Let’s
MOVE! Dance-A-Thon and Daytime party. There will be special
guest DJs and fabulous prizes for the winner who can dance the longest.
100% of ticket sales go to The DC Center Relocation Fund.
The DC Center is moving into a new space at The Reeves Center this
summer BUT there’s lots of work that needs to be done before
we relocate. The space needs to be completely renovated and the
cost is estimated at upwards of $75,000 so we NEED to raise money.
The event takes place on Saturday, April 20th, 12pm – 8pm
at Cobalt DC (1639 R St NW). Pre-registration for contestants is
$25 and includes a chance to win fabulous prizes if you’re
the last one left on the dance floor. If you just want to come to
dance, mingle or just support The DC Center it will be $10 in advance.
Registration and non-contestant fee will increase at the
Are you up for the challenge? If so, register below and let’s
$25 Registration Fee
- 10:30 AM | Contestant Breakfast Mixer (Optional)
- 11:00 AM | Pre-Registration Check-in/On-Site Registration Starts
- 12:00 PM | Let’s MOVE!
- 2:30 PM | Bathroom/Snack Break
- 2:45 PM | Let’s MOVE!
- 5:00 PM | Bathroom/Dinner Break
- 5:30 PM | Let’s MOVE!
- 6:30 PM | Bathroom Break
- 6:45 PM | Let’s MOVE!
- 8:00 PM | Winner(s) Announced
Let’s MOVE! Dance-A-Thon Rules:
- Dancers must be dancing or moving their bodies at all times
to be eligible for the prize. Your contestant number must be visible
at all times.
- Dancers are welcome to dance back and forth to the Beverage
Bar throughout the event.
- If you are standing still for longer than 1 minute on
the dance floor you will be ineligible for the prize and your
number will be taken off. We will have chaperones observing all
dancers at all times.
- Be 21 years old or older.
A Note to Contestants:
- Water will be served free of charge however any
flavored beverage, juices, soda or alcohol is the financial responsibility
of the individual contestant. All food items will also be the
financial responsibility of the individual contestant.
- We discourage driving yourself to this event if
you’re a Dance-a-thon contestant. We suggest having a friend
of family member provide transportation to and from the event.
- We strongly discourage bringing any valuables
unless you plan on keeping it on your person as you dance or have
someone to watch your property. Neither The DC Center nor Cobalt
is responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of any items brought
to the event.