We are proud to be Maryland’s longest-running LGBTQ+ performing arts organization.
Our Mission is simple:
- We are a diverse, open, and supportive brotherhood of singers who strive to serve our communities and foster positive social change through artistic excellence.
We live our Mission through our Core Values:
- Inclusivity: We celebrate diversity and strive to foster equity and inclusivity across our singers, staff, audience, programming, and the community at large.
- Community: As a proud part of the LGBTQ+ community, we engage with the Baltimore region and beyond through musical performance and acts of service.
- Harmony: We are a supportive brotherhood, providing a safe and caring space for artistic expression, constructive feedback, camaraderie, and sharing of life events.
- Talent: We aspire to a high level of choral excellence with a focus on musicality, vocal health and wellness, and the understanding of music as a universal language, while supporting all our musicians in reaching their fullest potential, regardless of previous choral experience, skill or training
The BMC welcomes all male singers – regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation.
Since our launch in 1984, we have performed in many locations including New York City, Seattle, Philadelphia, Annapolis and, of course, Baltimore. The BMC is very proud of its long tradition of providing the Baltimore community with a wide variety of exciting choral music.