Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Room & Board
Mark Bromley & Cameron Griffith, Event Co-Chairs
Rayceen Pendarvis, Emcee
Please join us as we celebrate the past year of success and look ahead to the coming months for Center Global. We’re a program of the DC Center for the LGBT Community, providing support to DC-area LGBT asylum seekers, asylees, and refugees.
The evening’s event will include the presentation of Center Global’s annual awards. This year, the Global Advocate Award will be presented to Ty Cobb & the HRC Global Team, and the Global Courage Award to Gleb Latnik, Russian LGBT Human Rights activist.
Every donation helps Center Global to support local asylum seekers. Here’s how your sponsorship or ticket purchase makes a difference:
- Platinum Sponsors ($1,000, 6 Tickets) support four asylum seekers for one month
- Gold Sponsors ($500, 5 Tickets) support two asylum seekers for one month
- Silver Sponsors ($250, 4 Tickets) support one asylum seeker for one month
- Bronze Sponsors ($100, 3 Tickets) provide one month’s worth of Metro cards for one asylum seeker
- Patrons ($60, 2 Tickets) provide a week’s worth of groceries for one asylum seeker
- Individual Tickets ($25) provide transportation to and from Center Global events for one asylum seeker
Every dollar we raise goes toward assisting asylum seekers and asylees with grocery assistance, Metro cards, referrals to legal aid and social services, case management, and support dinners.
Thank you for supporting Center Global. We’re looking forward to seeing you at Room & Board at 6:00 p.m. on May 9th. When you arrive at the front entrance (1840 14th Street, NWs), we’ll greet you with your event ticket(s) and name tag(s).
If you encounter any problems with purchasing tickets, please contact email@example.com.
Bookings are closed for this event.