Date: 04/01/19 - 05/25/19
Time: All Day
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY MAY 27TH. Click here.
The 2019 OutWrite Chapbook Competition is now accepting submissions. Learn more about our judges here.
Each winner will receive 25 copies of their winning chapbook, an offer of print publication, and an opportunity to read from their work at OutWrite 2019 on Saturday, August 3rd.
- Chapbooks may be submitted in three categories: fiction, nonfiction & poetry.
- We accept submissions in all three categories in English.
- OutWrite is a celebration of LGBTQ literature; entries that explore aspects of LGBTQ culture or identity are encouraged.
- Thematically-linked works are welcome, but not required. There are no limitations regarding genre.
- Manuscripts should be no shorter than 20 pages and no longer than 40 pages. This does not include the table of contents or title page.
- Submissions are open from April 1st to May 25th 2019. Extended to May 27th.
- Each writer may only submit one entry per category.
- There is a $5 reading fee. If the fee for entering is an economic hardship, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Your manuscript should be in a standard font, size 12. Please single-space poetry and double-space prose. Please include a title page and a table of contents; do not include an acknowledgements page (winning entries will be given the opportunity to adjust front and back matter before publication).
- The collection as a whole must be unpublished, but individual poems/stories may be previously published (as long as relevant rights have reverted)
- We will be accepting simultaneously submitted work. All semi-finalists will be required to remove their work from simultaneous review upon notification.
- We expect to announce the semifinalists in June. Winners will be announced in July. Publication will be at OutWrite, August 2-4 2019.
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each entry must include the following:
- A subject line including your last name and the words “<Fiction/Nonfiction/Poetry> Submission: <Your Title> by <Your Name>.”
- In the body of the email: the title of the collection; your name, your contact information (phone number and email address), and the PayPal Transaction ID for your entry fee.
- It may also include a brief bio.
Bookings are closed for this event.