Time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Location: Verizon Technology and Policy Center
November is National Youth Homelessness Awareness Month. Here in DC, almost half of homeless youth identify as being LGBTQ.
To help bring awareness and understanding to this often hidden crisis, we are inviting you to an upcoming panel discussion hosted by SMYAL on Wednesday, November 28th from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at the Verizon Technology and Policy Center located at 1300 I St. NW, Suite 500.
The event will feature a panel discussion of youth who have experienced homelessness and are currently participating or have participated in SMYAL’s housing program. The event will also highlight the small businesses of some of the youth in SMYAL’s program.
- Councilmember Anita Bonds
- Councilmember Brianne Nadeau
- Councilmember David Grosso
- The Mayor’s Office of LGBTQ Affairs
- Ashley Smith
- Bill Moran
- Billy Fettweis
- Capital Area Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Capital Pride Alliance
- Center for Black Equity/DC Black Pride
- DC Alliance Of Youth Advocates (DCAYA)
- DC Department of Human Services
- Earl Fowlkes
- Tagg Magazine
- The DC Center
- Stuart Campbell
- Trenard Hodges