The Rainbow Youth Alliance MD is currently seeking a new Program Coordinator.
About Rainbow Youth Alliance
Rainbow Youth Alliance (RYA), a program of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rockville (UUCR), provides community support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, and questioning teens and their allies – known to us as rainbow teens. RYA envisions a future in which rainbow teens have access to safe, nurturing environments where they are respected, listened to, and given information and skills. Our mission is to provide safe places for rainbow teens to ask questions, find mutual support, and learn information pertinent to their lives.
The Program Coordinator provides clinical direction and support to RYA programming. They facilitate twice-monthly support groups, recruits and manages volunteer facilitators, and plans/oversees social events geared at increasing LGBTQ youth connection and community. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the supervisor designated by (and based at) UUCR. UUCR provides meeting space, other in-kind resources, and leadership for RYA. UUCR does not provide office space, computer support, or secretarial support for RYA. The Program Coordinator is expected to spend approximately 5 hours/week as an independent contractor. The hourly wage will be determined based on the individual’s training, experience, and expertise. Payment will
be provided monthly upon submission of an approved invoice. No benefits or insurance of any kind are included for this position. For licensed mental health applicants, they are expected to carry and show proof of their own malpractice insurance.
Primary Essential Duties
- Oversee clinical aspects of RYA programming, including support groups, social events, and other areas as
- Facilitate twice-monthly support groups (1st and 3rd Sundays, 3:45 – 6 PM) for lesbian, gay, bisexual,
transgender, queer, and questioning youth and their allies ages 13-18
- Plan and oversee youth social events and activities outside of RYA support meetings
- Recruit and manage volunteer adult facilitators for RYA programming, including support groups and social
- Develop and conduct volunteer trainings on topics such as trauma-informed practices, group facilitation
skills, crisis response, mandated reporting, confidentiality, LGBTQ youth
- Manage RYA Program Coordinator email and phone account, including responding to all inquiries within
2 business days
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all support groups and socials, including youth sign-in sheets
- Attend bi-monthly RYA Advisory Council and provides Program Coordinator report to include clinical
updates and upcoming events
- Work with RYA Advisory Council to identify areas for performance improvement and professional
- Attend external trainings, workshops, and conferences for professional development and keeps abreast of
changes and innovations in the field
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required
- Requires Masters-level education in Social Work, Counseling, or other related mental health field
- Knowledge of and experience with adolescents, including adolescent development, trauma-informed care,
and group support
- Knowledge of and experience with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth
- Clinical licensure in Maryland, or license-eligible preferredThe above job description is designed to indicate a general sense of the duties and expectations of this position.
It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required. As the nature
of our business demands change, so too, may the duties and responsibilities of this position. You may be
required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
To apply, please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant experiences and education
- 3 professional references
(UUCR-Rainbow Youth Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. UUCR-RYA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.)
2 thoughts on “Rainbow Youth Alliance Seeks Program Coordinator”
I work in a mental health center in Montgomery county and would like to have pamphlets for kids to pick. Could you provide them?
Going to send you a follow-up email to find out more information.