68 , a proud, open and out, Black Gay retired Washingtonian.
Cedric has been out all his life and volunteering most of my life. Cedric currently is a activist and volunteer for gay elders, in the community and assist elder family members. Currently, collects food from food banks to share with others. Gives out information on health care, housing, city programs, free events, savings programs and more. Cedric gives comfort and prayer via phone calls or visits ill persons he knows. Cedric first stared in the fight and education of HIV/AIDS in 1989 when he attended a support group for those HIV+ with Group Health. There he learned of the Inner City AIDS Network (ICAN) and took a class to became an educator with the class #4 in 1990. From there, a volunteer for many years with Food and Friends and Whitman Walker Clinic.
Being HIV+ for over 30 years Cedric has volunteers and gives support and time to the community. One of Cedric’s proudest moment was being a volunteer with the 2012 International AIDS Conference held here in Washington, DC.
- Ambassador for the DC Office on Aging
- Ambassador for A.A.R.P. – D.C. chapter
- DC Dept. on LGBT Affairs supporter
- THE DC ( Gay ) CENTER supporter and volunteer
- D.C. Goverment, D.O.H. / HIV/AIDS Adim. ( HOHSTA & HOPWA ) supporter and advocate
- Housing advocate & volunteer with the * Equal Rights Center & National AIDS Housing Coalition
- Us Helping Us, HIV supporter
- HIV/AIDS & Seniors advocate
- SAGE Metro – DC and supporter
- Supporter of the DC Rainbow History Project
- DC Long-Term Care volunteer with Ombudsman Program of AARP
- Graduate of the C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team ) program ( including Red Cross first aid training )
- Mental Health advocate * Suicide Prevention certified
- Honoree of “OUR HEROS” Exhibition 2015
- Supporter of the Inner Faith Conference of Washington, DC.
- Volunteer and supporter of Mary’s House for Older Adults