Helpful resources created by Legal Aid Society of DC
- HUD – Public Housing, Project-based Section 8, and HCVP COVID-19 FAQs
- District of Columbia Housing Authority’s Official Update
- Emergency Shelter – please see Children’s Law Center Guide for shelter-specific information
- List of low-barrier emergency shelters (still operating, per DHS site)
- Department of Human Services’ Quick Look at Affected Services – information on extended daytime hours and Day Service Centers
- DC Shelter Hotline: (202) 399-7093 or 311 will provide information and transportation options
- You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and instruction
- The Office of the Tenant Advocate can be contacted here or by calling (202) 719-6560.
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS: Every worker in D.C. has a right to paid sick leave.
- Department of Employment Services
- For Unemployment Compensation find more information here or call (202) 724-7000.
- Worker’s Compensation: staff is on-hand to process worker’s compensation claims and respond to questions. See more information here or call (202) 671-1000.
- Child Care Vouchers – applications can still be dropped off at 4049 South Capitol St SW or 1207 Taylor St NW. All recertifications will be automatically processed and valid for 60-90 days.
- COVID Childcare Co-op Calculator – schedule generator for parents with network of adults ready to share childcare responsibilities
- PAVE’s Resources for Parents
- School Updates