Full Job Description
The DC Center for the LGBT Community has a mission of educating, empowering, celebrating, and connecting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community of Washington, DC.
To fulfill our mission, we focus on four core areas: health and wellness, arts & culture, social & peer support, and advocacy and community building.
Our Front Desk Support Team member helps to achieve this mission by being the first person our community members connect and engage with to gain access to our supportive services and resources.
The ideal candidate will:
- Answer phone calls and routinely check voicemail during The Center hours Mon-Fri.
- Forward info from voicemail to appropriate team member during The Center hours Mon-Fri.
- Review and address all emails during Center hours Mon-Fri and within 24 hours.
- Forward emails appropriately during Center Hours Mon-Fri and within 24 hours.
- Provide resources and problem solve appropriately all incoming calls/emails and address all visitors to the DC Center as well as connect community members with DC Center programs. In addition will provide community members unfamiliar with the DC Center’s facility, tours of our Center.
- Have a personal and deep understanding of issues that impact LGBTQIA+ communities.
- Fully knowledgeable of all of our programs, supportive services and offerings and be able to articulate/speak on our services.
- Be highly self-motivated, independent thinker as well as a team player able to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Assist in maintaining our website, events calendar and create/post some social media messaging including checking The DC Center Calendar for daily events and post those events on social media daily.
- Maintain a general knowledge of community partners, organizations and resources for community member referrals.
- Provide support to evening virtual support/peer group meetings
- Provide appropriate general support as requested by team members.
- Work with interns to make sure they are adequately trained and provide assistance when requested.
- This is a full-time, staff position that will require 40 hours of work per week
- The Front Desk Support Team member will report to the Executive Director.
To Apply Click Here