***This position has been filled***
The DC Center for the LGBT Community is hiring! We are looking for a full-time social worker/therapist. See below for details.
Social Worker/Therapist Position:
The DC Center for the LGBT Community has a mission of educating, empowering, celebrating, and connecting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community of Washington, DC. The Social Worker/Therapist helps to achieve this mission by providing mental health support services to survivors of violence, crime, and trauma. These services are available free-of-charge to our community members due to grant funding from the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants (OVSJG). The Social Worker/Therapist will see clients individually and in group settings, as well as in a couples/collateral therapy capacity, if requested. The person who fills this position is also responsible for other related projects, such as quarterly reporting and management of the OVSJG grant, outreach and education in the LGBTQ community, and assisting the mission, vision, and values of The DC Anti-Violence Project (DC AVP). The Social Worker/ Therapist will report to the Executive Director.
The Social Worker/Therapist must have the appropriate licensure to practice in DC (LGSW or LICSW) and have at least 2 years’ experience working as a clinician with a diverse client population. They must also have a demonstrated ability to work with LGBTQ+ adults, to work well in a team, to problem solve and communicate at all levels verbally as well as in writing. Must be self-motivated and be able to build and maintain relationships, both with colleagues and with key stakeholders in the larger victim-serving network of Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have prior nonprofit/grant management experience and is well adept at multitasking in a fast-paced environment. Bilingual capabilities are strongly preferred, but not required. Please note that this position does not have on-site supervision hours, so should candidate want to pursue clinical supervision, they must do so off-site with financial support from DC Center.
Functions and Duties
Social Worker/Therapist: Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, couples, and group mental health support services to a caseload of 25-35 unique clients
- Conduct intake assessments with all new potential clients to assess safety, job status, financial resources, living arrangements, current support system, type and history of victimization, legal issues, related medical history, and clinical symptomatology for the past 30 days.
- Provide clients with LGBTQ-friendly and affirming referrals to community-based services, aimed at assisting individuals affected by crime, violence and trauma
- Assess clients and provide necessary intervention in crisis situations (safety plans, hospitalization, referrals, etc.)
- Keep current and accurate records of all clinical interactions in our clinical database system
- Collaborate with DC Center staff to provide community-based education and outreach opportunities in line with OVSJG grant requirements
- Write quarterly reports and manage grant deliverables for the OVSJG grant throughout the fiscal year
- Deliver trauma-informed, culturally competent assessment and treatment techniques to all survivors seeking support services, and serve as a resource for all individuals seeking support through The DC Center
- Work in partnership with The DC Anti-Violence Project members to further the mission, vision, and values of DC AVP
- Work well with a diverse staff to facilitate an open, supportive and warm environment for all individuals who visit The DC Center
Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, August 19th. Salary Range is expected to fall within $52,500 – $55,00.