The DC Center continues to bring essential services to the LGBTQ+ community during this challenging time. We have paused our Executive Director search given the current situation, but our phenomenal staff have continued to step up to ensure the Center is thriving! While our building remains closed, we are very much open and here to serve you.
So what’s been happening at the Center lately?
- Many of our social, peer and support groups have been meeting via video chat including Center Aging, Job Club, Center GenderQueer, Center Trans, Women in their Twenties & Thirties, LGBTQ People of Color, the DC Antiviolence Project, and more! Visit our calendar for a complete list of upcoming virtual events>>.
- Center Arts is finding creative ways to bring cinematic LGBTQ Lifestories to your home. Reel Affirmations: Washington DC’s International LGBTQ Film Festival and Monthly Film Series will continue with a virtual film screening THIS Friday, April 24th. Get your tickets now!
- Be on the lookout for our launch of our Virtual Center Arts Gallery where you can check out our current artist’s video message and view and purchase her work.
- Unfortunately, Gay Day at the Zoo has been canceled, but you can still spend some time with the pandas, cheetahs, elephants, lions or naked mole rats via the zoo cam.
- Our blog continues to have helpful COVID-19 related resources! Read about legal rights, unemployment support and more here.
- Our support desk is still open! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-682-2245. Is there anything else we can do to help you during this challenging time? Let us know!