Number of hires for this role – 1
Full Job Description
The qualified individual will be responsible for the following:
- Collect and enter data from focus populations in respective systems (Careware, Link U)
- Engage groups and individual in sexual health education and planning sessions
- Provide referrals to eliminate barriers, thus increasing positive health outcomes
- Assist in meeting program goals that reduce harm and risk, improving the quality of life
- Provide client-centered service that reflects status neutral healthcare and education
- Engage and retain a focused population client in HI-V programing and their individual goals.
- Educate on viral suppression and PrEP; providing timely linkage to care
- Contribute to programming, marketing, and branding of culturally competent services
- Assist in testing, inreach, outreach, representing the organization in professional settings
- Engage volunteers and clients as directed to meet program and grant deliverables
- Facilitate or Coordinate testing for focus populations
- Promote Rapid treatment and Comprehensive Harm & Risk Reduction initiatives
- Assist in Facilitating Cultural Competency trainings for organizations and individuals
- Assist with Consumer Satisfaction Surveys and data to ensure program effectiveness
- Assist in implementing and tracking medical and non-medical support and client outcomes
- Work with associated staff to ensure grant deliverables and promote program continuity
- Provide good customer service and assist in various capacities as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
At this time our team is working remotely. We are developing our re-opening plan. it will adhere to any and all government and CDC guidelines.
- Associate (Preferred)
- HIV/PrEP Prevention/Care/Education/Grant Implementation: 1 year (Required)
- working with the LGBTQ community: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
2 thoughts on “Job Opening at the DC Center : Community Engagement Specialist”
I am a longtime resident of the DC area, a member of the LGBTQ community and a staunch advocate of The DC Center and all of the vitally important work that your organization has done (past and present). My objective is to achieve my passion of assisting the LGBTQ community in a professional environment and believe that the skills that I have developed would be ideally suited for the Community Engagement Specialist position. In addition to the Bachelors Degree that I have attained in xxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx I have extensive experience in providing exemplary client-centered services in a variety of fields (albeit in a non-healthcare environment), have developed excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), am adept at marketing/business development and representing organizations in professional environments with an unwavering focus on exceeding the expectations of each client. I believe this is most effectively achieved with a superior work ethic and being a team player with a positive mindset and organizational/time management skills while simultaneously focusing on meeting the goals of both the individual client as well as the organization by utilizing my exceptional attention to detail, presentation abilities and listening skills.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you in greater detail how my experience and strengths would contribute to the long term needs of both The DC Center, your valued clients and the LGBTQ community as a whole. I can be reached at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your valued time and consideration.
Please click on the link at the bottom of the listing to apply for the position.
Best of luck,
Front Desk Staff