HI USA administers the national Explore America Trave
l Scholarship program. The travel scholarship program offers $1,000 travel scholarships with up to 7 free overnight stays at HI USA hostels across the U.S. for young adults ages 18-30 with demonstrated financial need. To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Be 18 – 30 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card) or DACA recipient
- Demonstrate financial need by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- Current Pell Grant recipient OR
- 2019 income level that does not exceed 300% of the 2019 Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Have a strong desire and motivation to experience other people and cultures through hostelling
The application is live, and the deadline to apply is March 1. If you are eligible for the travel scholarship, click here to apply.