The DC Center for the LGBT Community has a mission of educating, empowering, celebrating, and connecting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community of Washington, DC. The Program Assistant for Center Aging helps to achieve this mission by providing support services to the older adult community members. These services are available free-of-charge to our community members due to grant funding from the DC Department of Aging and Community Living (DACL). The program assistant will report to the Executive Director.
This is a part-time, staff position that will require approximately 20 hours of work per week on the Center Aging LGBTQ Older Adult program.
The Program Assistant will be in charge of:
- Managing the Center Aging program, including all of its events, community partner relationships, social media pages, bilingual monthly newsletters, blogs, and more
- Administering the DACL Center Aging Grant, including drafting all quarterly and final reports, and tracking the budget and workplan,
- Participating in Center Aging Monthly Advocacy Meetings and other events in the community regarding LGBTQ Older Adults
- Coordinating Center Aging Volunteers
- Collecting and storing intake forms of Center Aging participants and providing follow up, assistance, and referrals to participants with specific need.
- Connect Center Aging participants with other DC Center programs as connections arise.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a personal and deep understanding of issues that impact LGBTQIA Older Adults communities in DC and beyond,
- Have a personal and deep understanding of issues that impact Older Adults living with HIV/AIDS
- Have experience with event organizing and planning,
- Know how to use grassroots organizing methods and social media to reach community members,
- Be highly self-motivated and able to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
Please click here to apply