***We are no longer accepting applicants***
Job Opening at the DC Center: Community Engagement Specialist
The DC Center for the LGBT Community is hiring! We are looking for a full-time Community Engagement Specialist to work with our new Total Care Team doing Early Intervention Services under our new Ryan White (part A) Grant.
This position requires a person that is knowledgeable about marginalized communities that are at greater risk for HIV, Hep C, and other STI’s due to barriers minority communities experience due to oppression and socio-economic inequalities. Much of the work is focused on Gender Non Binary, Transgender and MSM populations.
The DC Center for the LGBT Community has a mission of educating, empowering, celebrating, and connecting the lesbian, gay, bisexual,queer, and transgender communities of Washington, DC. The Community Engagement Specialist will help to achieve this mission by providing culturally competent supportive services to the aforementioned populations. This particular grant is status neutral so it includes both positive and negative populations. Persons of color from LGBTQ communities are encouraged to apply, as we seek to develop more diversity within our staff and services.
The Community Engagement Specialist will provide referral assistance and direct service (medical and non-medical) to ensure disparities that challenge access to care and/or treatment are addressed to give community members their best chance at maintaining a healthy status through traditional sexual health strategies, biomedical prevention (PrEP); and through treatment as prevention and the U=U model (undetectable = untransmittable).
The person who fills this position is also responsible for other duties, such as minor case management, outreach, health education, data collection and data entry. The Community Engagement Specialist will report to the Community Engagement Manager directly.
Functions and Duties
Community Engagement Specialist / Total Care Team
- Collect and enter data from focus populations in respective systems (Careware, Link U, Redcap)
- Engage groups and individuals in sexual health education and planning sessions
- Provide referrals to eliminate barriers, thus increasing improved health outcomes
- Assist in meeting program goals that reduce harm and risk, improving the quality of life
- Provide client-centered service that reflects status neutral healthcare and education
- Engage and retain focus population clients in HI-V programming and assist in achieving individual goals.
- Educate on viral suppression and PrEP; providing timely linkage to care
- Contribute to programming, marketing, and branding of culturally competent services
- Assist in testing, in-reach, outreach, and representing the organization in professional settings
- Engage volunteers and clients as directed to meet program and grant deliverables
- Facilitate or Coordinate testing for focus populations
- Promote Rapid treatment and Comprehensive Harm & Risk Reduction initiatives
- Assist in Facilitating Cultural Competency training’s for organizations and individuals
- Assist with Consumer Satisfaction Surveys and data to ensure program effectiveness
- Assist in implementing and tracking medical and non-medical support and client outcomes
- Work with associated staff to ensure grant deliverables and promote program continuity
- Provide good customer service and assist in various capacities as needed
Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, October 7th. Salary Range is expected to fall within $38,480 – $45,760
*Interviews will be held on 10/16/19 and 10/17/19
2 thoughts on “Job Opening at the DC Center: Community Engagement Specialist – Position Filled”
Hello! This posting is from October, 2019. Is the position still open?
James Edward de Rave
Unfortunately it is not, I’ll have staff update the listing so it’s clearer. My apologies.